A new year, a Zesty Life!
Are you ready to drop into the new year, kick ass, stop worrying and get in tune with your health, nutrition and emotions?
Do you want to feel confident and peaceful and have healthier relationships? Do you wonder what it’s like to have an unshakeable mindset and soulful purpose?
This new year is a chance to start fresh and add a little Zest to your life! Below is a taste of what Livin’ the Zesty Life is all about. These strategies can help strengthen your mind-body connection and cultivate healthy habits for a lifelong foundation of healthy living. If you want to dive deeper into the Zesty Life, hit the link at the bottom when you’re done!
Our mind plays a vital role in everything we do, how we think, feel and respond. A Zesty Mind helps you thrive, wonder & create.
Having a Zesty Mind means being present and mindful. When you can have a relationship with each experience you’re going through— hold it, understand it, question it, feel it and befriend it—that is where the healing and transformative power of your mind/body connection will come from. To be where you are without trying to find another state of mind, you can discover the deep soul-connecting resources for your life.
Tips for a Zesty Mind™
- Solo walks, runs or bike rides
- Spend time in nature
- Practice digital detox (turn off devices)
- Learn something new
- Seek solo time
- Practice self-compassion
- Practice stoicism
- Do something creative
- Take responsibility for your behavior
- Limit caffeine, alcohol, sugar
- Spend time with positive, Zesty Friends!
- Lie on your back, relax and watch the starry sky
Many people assume they hate exercise and healthy food—because they haven’t found something that really inspires them. And that’s a shame! We all need to work on our Zesty Bodies for health, but I believe it shouldn’t be a miserable experience. The trick is to learn how to fall in love with physical activity and wholesome foods.
Hobbies, Sports & Fun
Hobbies count as exercise if you do them deliberately and at an intensity that gets your heart rate up and your muscles working. It’s easy to overlook fun activities because you don’t consider them fitness related, but anything that raises your Zesty Heart rate is a win. Get curious about things you enjoy: Gardening / Yardwork, Dog Walking, Dancing, Pilates, Yoga, Rock Climbing, Frisbee, Auto-restoration, Biking, Forest Walks, Sex etc.
Healthy foods can taste good and feel satisfying—and you don’t have to give everything else up! Making your diet more mindful is all about being aware of what you’re consuming. Once you become aware of the benefits of eating healthy food, your motivation to adopt a healthy lifestyle becomes easier. Your taste buds, body and emotions will start to feel the positive affects, you won’t crave junk like you use to and you’ll begin to enjoy the taste of healthy foods.
Get curious about food: Try scrolling Pinterest for recipe inspiration or perusing the farmer‘s market for fun-looking ingredients. Be mindful of how you feel and your energy levels after eating. Nurturing a deeper connection with healthy foods by being in more touch with it every step of the way will help you appreciate nutrition and eating well.
Take a mental note after each meal: if you feel bloated, anxious, full or still hungry or have other adverse reactions after a meal. Conversely, take note when you feel GREAT, energized and happy after a meal. Becoming more aware will also help you pinpoint the reason for your hunger, whether it is physical or emotional.
Tips for a Zesty Body
- Get some exercise (Sports, hobbies, park further away, take the stairs!)
- Drink more H20
- Get more veggies, fruits and whole foods
- Limit or eliminate sugar, alcohol and refined carbs
- Get 8+ hours of sleep
- Breathe! Practice meditation and deep diaphragmatic breathing
- Get some sunshine
- Try new things
Without emotion, we exist, but we are not fully alive. Living a Zesty Life means you practice self-awareness, vulnerability and cultivate your emotional intelligence.
Your heart doesn’t approach life with rational logic, it craves adventure and diving into the unknown. It wants you to have the most incredible, awe-inspiring, exhilarating life possible. The word “courage” actually comes from the Latin word “cor,” meaning heart, and oftentimes living with a Zesty Heart means having the courage to say and do things that scare you.
Tips for a Zesty Heart
- Giving love vs. receiving love
- Check-in with your emotions, without judgement
- Practice forgiveness
- Practice vulnerability
- Practice gratitude
- Give people the benefit of the doubt
- Practice compassion vs. judgement
- Appreciate your uniqueness
- Love yourself, forgive yourself
- Be mindful of what you’re resisting
- Address shame with a Zesty Friend
- Hug your pet or a friend
- Start a compliments note in your phone: Write down the great things people say about you, refer back when you need a reminder of why you’re awesome.
Your soul is the part of you seeking meaning and purpose. It’s about expanding on your five senses and becoming more aware and mindful. A Zesty Soul lives in the present and pauses to create intention in everything they say and do. Living with an ever-present sense of wonder, a Zesty Soul follows its instincts beyond material consumption and seeks purpose and connection.
We’re so full of judgments about what we should do, we talk ourselves out of our soul’s nudges and intuition. It’s often a battle between your ego and your soul. Your ego is the image you have of yourself—your mask, whereas your soul is who you truly are deep down. Your soul is the deepest part of your being that knows exactly who you are and what you need to be doing.
Tips for a Zesty Soul
- Gratitude is one of the most important foods for the soul, as it has the ability to enhance and maintain happiness and well-being. Give at least one compliment daily, whether directly to a person or by sharing your appreciation of something.
- Be present in every interaction, conversation and experience.
- Listen to the inner whisper and follow your gut
- Go towards things and people that fill you up as opposed to drain you
- Forgive yourself
- Spend time in nature
- Spend time alone, even when it’s uncomfortable
- Spend time with positive, Zesty Friends!
- Travel solo
- Get into flow doing something you love
- Avoid gossip and the negative energy it encourages
- Say yes to adventure
- Start a compliments note in your phone: Write down the great things people say about you, refer back when you need to remember what’s true about you.
Research shows that friends can have a long-term impact on our health. In order to build a strong and powerful tribe, you must uncover and discover your unique strengths and be true to your individual purpose.
Friends should challenge you and inspire you to be better. If you hang out with a group of successful, positive individuals who believe in taking responsibility for their lives, you too will become increasingly optimistic, brave and successful. If you hang out with a bunch of pessimists who believe that the world is out to get them, it will drain your energy, your confidence and your optimism—even if you’re initially a positive person.
Tips for a Zesty Tribe
- Communicate authentically
- Avoid gossip and judgement
- Express gratitude
- Show vulnerability
- Practice mindful listening
- Practice mindful integrity
- Be accessible & reliable
- Honour and set boundaries
- Choose health instead of smoking or drugs
- Lead not for self-interest, but for the highest good of the tribe as a whole
- Feel invested in the successes and failures of the community.
Heck yeah, I wanna learn more about livin’ the Zesty Life!
Error: Contact form not found.